Top 5 Ways to Profit from Emerging Dietary Trends in the United States
Posted on May 30, 2020
Dietary supplements are dominating the United States market because of their multiple applications such as nutritional supplements for patients suffering from heart diseases, orthopedic problems; for infants and child nutrition, etc.
Other important market trends that helping the dietary supplement Market industries are listed in the below infographic along with the tips for converting these trends to profit.
Trends on Dietary Supplement Market
- An aging population
- In USA by the year 2035, there will be 78 million people aged 65 and older, compared to 76.4 million children under the age of 18
- The rise of the self-directed consumer
- Today, 70% of Americans use the internet to get health information and make the decision to purchase supplements
- Sports nutrition market
- Rise in the number of sports complexes and gymnasiums is also expected to drive the demand for dietary supplements.
- Sports Nutrition Market Size Worth $31.0 Billion By 2027 with CAGR: 8.9%
- Labeling and Packaging
- 70% of the respondents who bought dietary supplements were greatly influenced by the label information
- Ingredients present on the label influenced approximately 40% while purchasing their dietary supplements
Top 5 Ways to Make Profit
- Target Senior Populations:
- U.S. Census Bureau pinpoints by the year 2030, 1 in every 5 U.S. residents will be of retirement age.
- Manufacturers of dietary supplements have many opportunities to develop products to help older adults remain robust, active, and alert.
- E-commerce growth
- Online sales have experienced a dramatic increase over the last five years. Online sale is a low cost and high consumer reach model that promises significant profit. So, ensure to enhance your online visibility.
- Differentiate Pack & Label from Competitors
- Go with some research to analyze the packaging and labeling of your competitors in order to avoid blending in their designs with yours.
- Concentrate More on Sports Nutrients
- Significant increase in the number of casual or recreational users, professional bodybuilders and athletes as well as the growing number of young people opting sports as their career is contributing positively to the market growth.
- Private Label Products
- Private labels as an attractive alternative to branded vitamins, nutritional and herbal supplement products. This is the quickest way to get new products to the market as a supplement company.